WHAT IS THE TRUTH ABOUT JESUS?
Today, the traditional picture of Jesus is under an intellectual onslaught
from critical scholars, popular historians, TV documentaries, Hollywood movies, bestselling authors, Internet bloggers, Muslim
debaters, and atheist think tanks. They’re capturing the public’s imagination
with a radical new portrait of Jesus that bears scant resemblance to the picture historically embraced by the church.
How persuasive is this new image of Jesus? Is it based on well-supported
facts and arguments–or does it fade away when exposed to the hot light
In this dramatic investigation, award-winning writer and former legal
editor Lee Strobel explores such controversial question as:
- Did Christianity suppress “alternative gospels” that portray Jesus more accurately than the New Testament?
- Did the church distort the truth about Jesus by tampering with early biblical texts?
- Have fresh insights and explanations finally disproved the resurrection?
- Were the essential beliefs about Jesus stolen from earlier mythology?
- Have new objections disqualified Jesus from being the Messiah?
Evaluate the evidence for yourself as leading experts grapple with the latest
objections from today’s foremost critics. Then reach your own verdict in
The Case for the Real Jesus.